Monday, August 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef


I did it again! Forgot to take a picture before I started eating this delicious meal!!
This is another one of my slow cooker experiments.  The house smelled wonderful when I came home to this fully cooked meal.  You can serve the stewed beef on its own with a side salad or over rice.


Ingredients
2 pound chunk roast
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 green bell peppers (julienned)
½ red onion (julienned)
1 can fire roasted stewed tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon coconut oil

Prep Time: 10 minutes                   Cook Time: 5 hours (longer if you use a larger roast)

1.  Melt one teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. 
2. Sprinkle chunk roast with garlic salt, cayenne pepper and paprika.
3. Brown chunk roast in pan. About 30 seconds on each side.
4. Remove roast from pan and set aside.
5. Empty can of stewed tomatoes into the crock pot.  Place bell peppers, crush garlic, and red onion on top of tomatoes. 
6.  Place chunk roast on top of vegetables.  Pour tablespoon of red wine over the chunk roast.
7.  Cook on low for 5 hours.


Save your leftovers! I only had some tomatoes left over but I ended up mixing the tomatoes with some turkey sausage which I served over zucchini noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment