Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sorry For Not Posting the Past Two Weeks!!! Just got back from Europe yesterday!

Lunch on the Riverfront in Porto!!

Port and Chocolate tasting!

Bottoms up!

La Boqueria- Open market in Barcelona
A poor picture of Mercado San Miguel!

More Boqueria!
Sorry for the lack of posts the last two weeks! I was in Madrid, Barcelona, and Porto for an end of summer vacation with my boyfriend.  I got to enjoy some amazing food while on my trip and picked up some recipe inspiration along the way.  A few of favorites things were... the Port tastings in Oporto! They give you the first few for free, which was a nice change from Napa.  Madrid was wonderful and I really loved el Mercado San Miguel. They have wine tastings, oysters, seafood tapas and a million other goodies for only a few Euros each.  It was great to get to try so much food and wine from many different vendors.  Plus who doesn't love starting out lunch with champagne and fresh oysters.  Lastly, Barcelona had one of the most amazing open air markets I have ever seen! It is truly any chef's dream and it is a great place to a get a great meal on the go, especially the fresh fruit juices. If any of you foodies are visiting one of these cities in the future, make sure to stop by these wonderful places- great food and great prices.

2 comments:

  1. You can take me your next trip. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures..I love seeing you and your Mom. Aren't you glad you have good genes?

    Looked like a beautiful place to visit! Life is treating you good..enjoy every minute. MLD

    ReplyDelete