Monday, September 19, 2011

Graham Cupcakes with Keylime Icing: Basically Key Lime Pie made into a cupcake!

Super cute cupcake gift box- available at Sur La Table

It even has windows so the lucky person who gets these can see the cupcakes!

And Zebra Print Cupcake Liners!


I found this delicious cupcake recipe on ming makes cupcakes.
It’s an amazing cupcake recipe site and that has truly inventive recipes and wonderful presentation.  I made these for my friend’s birthday and they were awesome!

Ingredients for batter

1 Cup flour
½ cup graham cracker crumbs (blend in food processor)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 stick butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup milk (I used soymilk because I don’t usually have reg. milk in my fridge) 

Prep Time: 20-25 mins    Oven Temp: 400 F     Bake Time: 20 mins
1.Mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Beat in butter gradually. 
2. Beat in sugar and mix thoroughly.  Beat in eggs, then vanilla and milk until just combined.
3. Pour into lined cupcake pan.  Bake for 400 F for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean


Frosting Ingredients
3      oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter, room temp.
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons key lime juice

1.    Mix together ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Frost cupcakes.
2.    Optional- For presentation purposes, top with a sprinkle of crumbs and lime slice.  I didn’t do this step because I was afraid the acid in the lime would disturb the frosting unless they were eaten the same day as I baked them.

 ALSO: I had a lot of leftover graham crackers and icing so I spread the rest of the icing on graham crackers and made cookie sandwiches for my boyfriend. 


I had enough leftover frosting for 4 of these guys!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this recipe I will be using it for
    a Hospice Volunteer Support Meeting.
    Keep baking.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete