Thursday, July 21, 2011

Raspberry Chocolate Almond Tart

Dano enjoyed his tart with some soy milk :)


I made this tart last minute for my friend Louie who visited the other night.  It turned out pretty good considering the fact that it’s made completely of leftovers from other baking projects.

Ingredients
1 sheet of puff pastry dough
1/6 cup whipped cream cheese
1/6 whole milk ricotta
½ tube almond paste
7-8 strawberries cut into fourths
¼ a semi-sweet chocolate bar (chopped)
1 egg whipped (for egg glaze)

Prep Time: 20 minutes (Including 10 minutes for crust to defrost)
Bake time: 25 minutes  Oven Temp: 350 F


1. Take out puff pastry dough to dethaw.
2. In a food processor, mix almond paste, ricotta and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Spread almond mixture around the dough, leaving an 1 ½ inch border.
4.  Place strawberries and chopped chocolate on the dough. 
5. Brush egg glaze along the edge of the dough.  Fold the border in an 1 inch all the way around.
6. Bake at 350 F for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.  I enjoyed mine plain with a glass of soy milk.  If you make this for a more formal dinner sprinkling powder sugar on top would dress it up a bit. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking dessert. I think that I will make one when I need to take a dessert to a party. Maybe make up a couple with different fruit. I am hoping to get over to Whole Foods to pick up pastry dough. I am interested in the difference from what I use.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete