Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slow- Cooker Lemon Rosemary Chicken

I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture of this lovely recipe!


I’m working more hours now so I often don’t have much time to prepare dinner.  I hate coming home hungry and having to cook for 30 minutes before I can relax and have dinner.  The slow cooker is my solution to this dilemma.  I almost always have leftovers from slow cooker recipes which serve as lunch the next day for Dano or I. 

Ingredients
1 Chicken breast, with skin and bone in (it was actually one top half of a chicken.  Basically the chicken without the wings)
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1/2 lemon
1 wedge of preserved lemon
2 crushed garlic bulbs
¼ cup white wine
½ red onion (julienned)
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
a sprinkle of paprika

1. Place chicken in a crock pot.  Squeeze lemon juice over lemons.  Place lemons under the chicken or stuff into rib cage.
2. Pour ¼ cup of white wine into crock pot.
3. Rub rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika into chicken skin.
4. Place onion slices at the bottom of the crock pot, arranging around the chicken.
5. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 5 ½ - 6 hours.

When fully cooked, the chicken will fall off the bone. The drippings can be served in spoonfuls over the chicken or you could use some of the drippings as a gravy base.


No comments:

Post a Comment