Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wheat Belly Recipes! Hot Coconut Flaxseed Cereal

I used blueberries!


Wheat Belly has a lot of quick and easy gluten-free heart healthy recipes.  This is the first one I tried out.

Ingredients
½ cup coconut milk
¼- ½ cup ground flax seeds
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup chopped walnuts or hulled sunflower seeds ( I add a few chopped almonds as well)
Ground cinnamon (just a pinch)
¼ cup sliced strawberries, blueberries or other other berries

Prep Time: 5 mins            Cook Time: 5 mins

1.       Combine all coconut milk, ground flax seeds, coconut flakes and walnuts (or sunflower seeds). Stir to incorporate.
2.       Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
3.       Add a pinch of cinnamon and sliced berries.  Stir and serve. 

The picture doesn't really do this recipe justice.  It really is a super tasty and healthy alternative to the gluten and sugar heavy recipes found in the grocery store.

2 comments:

  1. I had to add Truvia to mine! My blueberries were tart and it needed a sweetener. I used unsweetened Coconut milk in the carton.

    ReplyDelete