Sunday, April 3, 2011

Secrets of the Wonder Cook: A Simple and Delicious Guide to Cooking and Baking

The nickname of Wonder Cook was given to my mother by her friend Barbara who jokingly suggested my mom have it engraved on her mixer bowl. My mom really is a wonder cook and she has passed down some of her skills and recipes to me. I was lucky enough to have the Wonder Cook as my first teacher in the kitchen.  With her help, I’m slowly becoming a promising cook and baker.  I have begun to branch out and invent my own recipes as well as attempt my mother’s more advanced recipes.  A few years ago, all I could do in the kitchen was make eggs and boil pasta.  With a little Wonder Cook instruction and a lot of internet recipe searches, I have improved my cooking abilities.  I hope this blog will encourage my friends and family to cook on their own.  Anyone can learn to cook and it’s never too late to start. Delicious recipes can be simple and if it doesn’t work out the way you wanted it to, throw it away and try again! Trial and error is how every cook learns. 

Before I begin with my recipes, I want to thank my mom Berna for all of her guidance, my roomie Melissa for being the best sous chef I could ever ask for and my boyfriend Dano for letting me test all my recipes on him.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of the secrets of your clandestine plot to become the inimitable diet saboteur. Yum.

    ReplyDelete