Saturday, January 28, 2012

Banana Crunch Muffins




My mom used to make these delicious muffins when I was in high school that we called Banana Crunch Muffins for their lovely Crunchy top made out of Kashi Chocolate coconut Granola.  I loved those muffins but they don’t fit into my gluten free baking so I decided to make up my own version.

Ingredients
-3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil (olive, grapeseed or ghee)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste + 3 drops vanilla crème stevia
- 2 bananas (peeled)
- pinch of salt
- your choice of gluten free granola (I am fortunate enough to have a roommate who makes a delicious batch of homemade gluten free granola every few weeks so that’s what I used)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts

1. Combine honey, oil, eggs, vanilla and bananas in a food processor.
2. In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, baking soda and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Add walnuts and ¼ cup granola stir.
3. Prepare muffin tins with coconut oil or butter. Divide batter evenly among 6 muffins tins.
4. Bake at 350 F for five minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the top of each muffin with granola.
6. Bake for an additional 20- 25 minutes. If the muffin tops begins to brown too quickly you can put a sheet of aluminum foil over the muffins and put them bake in the oven to continue baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment