Monday, January 16, 2012

Yummy Breakfast Squash Bread



I made this with left over squash puree.  It turned out very moist and sweet. Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup buttern
ut squash puree (see note below)
1/2 cup honey
3/8 cup olive oil
2 large eggs beaten
1/4 cup coconut milk
(other mix in ingredients included in the note below)

1. Mix all wet ingredients in a medium size bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
3. Pour batter into a loaf pan (prepare with coconut oil) and bake for 45 minutes at 350 F. Rotate loaf half way thru.



Note:
I made this bread in two different ways. The first time I baked this bread I added the extra step of stirring in chopped walnuts and chopped almonds (1/4 cup of each) before pouring the batter into my loaf pan. The second time I added the zest of one orange and 1/2 cup of currants to the batter before pouring it into the loaf pan.  Both ways turned out amazing and I encourage you to experiment with this recipe too! Send me any interesting twists you come up with.

They also turn out great as muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment