Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chocolate Custard

Sorry I've been so bad about posting. My hand still hurts when I type a lot. Promise to have more consistent posting again soon!! I'll post some of the easy meals I've been making the past week.

This is a very simple chocolate custard that even a beginner can make.

Ingredients
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or a dark chocolate bar chopped to yield 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a splash of rum or kahula

1. Heat a 2/3 full pot of water over medium high heat. Place a glass bowl over it which is big enough to not fall into the pot. 
2. After the water has heated for ten minutes, pour the coconut milk and dark chocolate chips into the bowl. Whisk constantly until the two are combined.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and liquor.
4. Pour into small dishes and place in fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Could lite coconut milk be used? I will try using lite coconut milk
    and let you how it turns out.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete