Friday, January 13, 2012

Two Easy Dinner Ideas



Above was one of the dinner's I made shortly after my surgery. I bought pre-marinated ribs for a steal (4 pounds for $10) right after xmas because that's when you get the best deals for prime cuts! Tossed the ribs in the oven and meanwhile made a very simple chopped salad (spinach, tomatoes and onion) and sauteed some broccoli on the stove.  The veggies took me less than 10 minutes and the ribs required no prep work since they were marinated by the butcher. Yummy meal that only required 10 minutes of active time.


Easy Bistro Steak Salad! This is another meal I made the week after my surgery. Recipe below

Ingredients
2 Steaks (plus dry rub for marinating)
1 heirloom tomato
1/4 red onion chopped
1/2 avocado
2 large handfuls of spinach
cheese of your choice
dressing of your choice

1. Day before- marinate steaks in your favorite dry rub as well as some Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and a little bit of sweet balsamic vinegar.
2. Remove steaks from fridge an hour before cooking. Grill on a grill pan for 3 1/2- 4 minutes on each side (my steaks were thin).
3. While the steaks cook, chop spinach, heirloom tomatoes, avocado and onion. Arrange on plates.  Sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Top the salad with your preferred dressing. I made one out of really good olive oil, a sweet balsamic vinegar, a little Dijon, fresh cracked black pepper and lemon juice.
5. When steaks are done let them sit for a few minutes so the juices soak in. Cut steak into slices and arrange on top of salad. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment